Quick & Easy Srirachafied Cucumber Salad

Printable Version (Recipe Only)

I was so tickled and honored this past week when several peeps took the time to say they thought of me when they came across this meme from The Oatmeal - not just because I am a Huy Fong Sriracha lover of decades and it's just really nice to be associated with something delicious, but because I love the story behind Huy Fong Sriracha aka Rooster Sauce aka Cock Sauce, its owner David Tran, and his simple and honest business philosophy.


While I hold out a cautiously optimistic hope that I won't have to go the way of the ad-littered blog business model, and while Mr. Tran doesn't need my help, I am all too happy to do my little part to give props to, and perpetuate the success of, a good product made by upstanding business people.

And so in honor of all the good people who tagged me on this meme, Mr. Tran, and the truly and literally awesomesauce that is Huy Fong Sriracha to which so many of us are understandably addicted, I created this quick and easy cucumber salad to go with today's lunch of Vietnamese BBQ Pork (recipe) and steamed jasmine rice.

Srirachafied Cucumber Salad
Serves 2 to 3 and is easily doubled
Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Printable Recipe


- 2 cups of 1/8-inch sliced seedless cucumber (2 to 3 small Persian or Kirby types)
- 1/4 of a small onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon (or more) sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons sugar

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to thoroughly and evenly distribute all the seasonings. Let it sit and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, giving it a gentle toss midway so everything gets evenly seasoned.

Enjoy with grilled meats and fish, noodle salads, or just because.

Oh, and serve with an extra srizzle, naturally. ;)

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts