SO LAST WEEK: September 22 thru 29, 2013

MONDAY 9/23: 

Discovered a delicious new-to-me heirloom tomato called Black Prince.


Made a tasty salad with it.


TUESDAY 9/24:



WEDNESDAY 9/25: 

Made smoothies for breakfast and started using our DSLR (still use my phone and point and shoot). Also found this groovy new, free language learning app called Duolingo and have been practicing my rusty Español ever since!


THURSDAY 9/26:

Mended my favorite dishcloths and felt pretty good about it and mostly agreed with Frank Bruni about why we get fat.


FRIDAY 9/27:  

Cleansed myself of some neg juju and made this Srirachafied Cucumber Salad (recipe) to thank people for thinking of me when they see memes about intravenous sriracha junkies.


Enjoyed a fantastically fishy meal at Fish 101 (review) in Encinitas, CA.



SATURDAY 9/28: 

Visited my favorite stand at Vista Farmers Market.


Discovered a local family-run Japanese grocery - Kyoto Gift & Food in Oceanside - that carries Matcha (Green Tea) Kit Kat, among other things.


Got a little fired up about The Man's Red Hot Sludge (recipe).


SUNDAY 9/29:

Tried a new superdark chocolate by a local artisanal chocolatier, David Bacco.


Smiled as I watched my boys make hot sauce together.


Enjoyed a delicious (and deliciously affordable) family meal at Teri Cafe (review) in Oceanside, CA.


Snagged me some fabulous Halloween earrings for $2.38 at Target. *rawr*


To another delicious week, peeps! :)

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts