Spicy Korean Style Soy Dipping Sauce

I'm trying to move all my recipes over to the new blog with some regularity, but I'm afraid I'm not succeeding. :/


But I did remember to do one this morning, and since it's the holiday season, and many of us are going to be having get togethers where we might be serving up some appetizers in the form of potstickers, egg rolls, and wontons, I thought I'd share my Spicy Korean Style Soy Dipping Sauce recipe.

It's not only delicious with all of the aforementioned, but yummy with your steamed rice, as a dip for satay or other meat skewers, or as a dressing for an Asian-inspired cold noodle salad when mixed with a little toasted sesame oil and an additional acid element like a squeeze of lemon or extra rice vinegar.

Or, if you ask some of the people who've tried this recipe before, as shots. :P

Spicy Korean Style Soy Dipping Sauce
Makes about 1/3 cup and is easily doubled.
Time: 5 to 10 minutes

- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 to 1.5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 4 or 5 slices, for steeping
- 10 thin slices (or so) of fresh jalapeño
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until all sugar is dissolved.

Enjoy! ^^

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts