Sunset Market - Oceanside, CA

I've been so entrenched in finishing up the Cookblog, and I am THISCLOSE.

But I need to come up for air.


So I thought I'd share some pics from last night's Oceanside Sunset Market.

The last time The Man and I visited the Sunset Market was over two years ago, and at that time, it was a somewhat unimpressive collection of mostly cheesy tchotchke merchants, a few produce stands, and some uninspired prepared food vendors.

pupusas in the making

Nothing about it at the time gave either of us reason to want to return, and we hadn't yet moved to Oceanside, so we didn't have much interest in seeing how it was going to develop.

some limited produce

But a few weeks ago, +Jun C posted pics of his visit and gave it a thumbs up, so on his good recommendation, we decided to give it another shot.

And what a difference two years makes.

takoyaki stand

BBQ pit

Takoyaki and sushi stands, Thai street food vendors, a BBQ pit, Filipino food, Ghanaian food, empanadas, pupusas and aguas frescas, a Welsh food stand with scotch eggs, cheesesteaks, sliders, cupcakes, and a bunch of other food I can't remember...

Rock it out, DJ Hairguy.

A neat selection of stalls including imported goods, a fun DJ who looks like Robert Plant and who apparently has a dayjob as a hairstylist...

pretty ceramic graters

jellyfish lights!

And pooch friendly.

prima ballerina

Don't go looking for a farmers market because it's not that.

It's more like a night bazaar for food and fun.


And yet another reason why I love Oceanside so much more than I ever imagined I would before I moved here. :)

shinae

Oceanside Sunset Market
MainStreet Oceanside
701 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92054
Thursday Nights 5pm to 9pm

Full album HERE.


Comments

Google+

Popular Posts