So Last Week: December 2nd - December 8th, 2013

MONDAY 12.02

Shared my recipe for a dump and stir Hoisin & Black Vinegar Glaze that might come in handy for that holiday roast duck, chicken, pork or ham. (Yes, I know that ham is pork, but a pork roast and ham are different. Sometimes I make pre-emptive comments to spare myself annoyance at the words of pedants. :P)


My favorite application for it is roast duck.



Also shared my recipe for Maddie's Favorite Ranch Dip/Dressing, which is also great for a kid-friendly holiday spread.


TUESDAY 12.03

Mostly just putzed around and did nothing but hang out with Izz. And that was loverly.


WEDNESDAY 12.04

Made this Fridge Cleanout Pappardelle in Lemon Cream Sauce with Toasted Walnuts and Arugula. Pappardelle is definitely one of my favorite pastas.


THURSDAY 12.05

Izz was fairly self contained, so I spent all day gradually preparing these Fridge Cleanout Mashed Potato Pupusas topped with Chilorio, Pico de Gallo and Chicharrones for The Man who loves generally Mexican inspired flavors.


Which reminded me of a more indulgent time when I would spend literally all day in the kitchen creating dishes just because I could. 

Only I had Izz with me.

And that was even loverly-er.

FRIDAY 12.06

Re-shared an old post on how to poach eggs - a generally quite useful life skill, methinks. :)


SATURDAY 12.07

Shared my recipe for Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup, and now that I'm typing about it, I'm thinking I need to make these again soon.


And made this Smoked Pulled Pork Chili from rib tips left over from lunch that LAM and MAP brought over. It's always nice to have stuff like stews and chilies in the fridge for those days when you don't feel like cooking. Like today. 


SUNDAY 12.08

Made some Buttermilk Biscuits to enjoy with sausage gravy using this recipe plus a teaspoon of sugar to round out and give depth to the flavors. 


I think it's a great basic Buttermilk Biscuit recipe, and hot biscuits straight out of the oven on a Sunday morning always hit the spot.

Mads and I revived our Little Christmas Tree That Could from 2011 and finally put the background on it.


And because it was an unusually cold day, we all went to I Love Pho in Oceanside for a nice, hot bowl of our favorite noodle soup. I really do love I Love Pho because, among other reasons, they always get the noodles right. Perfect chew - never overboiled and starchy.


After which I wanted to go to Tuesday Morning to see if I could find any interesting dishes or serving platters on clearance, but since the kids begged not to go there, we ended up going to the new TJ Maxx in the same shopping center as I Love Pho, where I ended up outfitting the rest of the fam with fuzzy robes. 

Because I LOVE my fuzzy robe and I think everyone else in the family should learn the simple, reliable pleasure of a fuzzy robe. And they have. :)

We ended our Sunday with Oven S'mores and snowflakes to finish up our tree next week.



And that was the loverly-est.

The Man has requested something sweet, tangy and spicy for our chicken dinner tonight, so I'm going to go see to that while I catch up with my RHOBH. Lisa's really showing her passive aggressive claws this season. Meowr. And Brandi is just getting hot messier by the second.

Happy Monday, peeps. It's nice to be back on schedule if only for a week. ;)

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts