So Last Week: November 25th - December 1st, 2013

MONDAY 11.25

Fairly uneventful day. I mean, I dry brined my Thanksgiving turkey, but that was about it...

TUESDAY 11.26

Made and shared my recipe for Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce and got good feedback from a few peeps who made it, and that always makes me super. duper. HAPPY. :D


Also shared an easy Dump & Simmer Bacon Tomato Pasta Sauce recipe to highlight a delicious alternative use of my ingredient of the week: fish sauce.


And The Man brought me some surprise Cherrystone Clams. Fresh flowers are nice, but fresh seafood? EVEN BETTAH. :)))


I oven roasted them and made a cilantro lime shallot mignonette to go with. That was deeeeelicious.

WEDNESDAY 11.27

Various Turkey Day preparations...





And a takeout sushi and bubbly splurge to reward all that slaving over a hot stove... :P


THURSDAY 11.28 - THANKSGIVING PART 1

I wished for the first somewhat cool So Cal Thanksgiving in years, and I finally got one. 

The morning could not have started out more beautiful...


Totally stress free, piecemealed prep...


Mary and Sam came to celebrate with us bearing gorgeous pies...


And we shared in life's finest things together: friendship, love, and delicious things. :)

Sage, Thyme & Black Peppercorn Dry Brined Turkey

Green Beans with Bacon & Balsamic Caramelized Onions

Broccoli Raisin Slawlad

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Pecan Streusel
(before the bake :/)

Herbed Hawaiian Bread Dressing

Pineapple as digestive.

And then we fell into temporary food coma...

Before.

After.

...before packing up the leftovers and enjoying our most delicious desserts!



FRIDAY 11.29

I did not shop, nor do I ever plan to ever again on this day. :)

Shared my dry brined turkey results for the several peeps who were curious as to how that would work out.



And of course made Day After Stock!


SATURDAY 11.30 & THANKSGIVING PART DEUX

Shared my second fish sauce featured recipe: Surprise Lemon Caesar Dressing.


And headed out with LAM and Izzy to the farmers market to shop for our second Thanksgiving on the most beautiful morning.


Izz thoroughly enjoyed her farmers market treats. :)


THANKSGIVING PART DEUX

Maryland blue crabs, roasted oysters and clams care of LAM and MAP, grilled sweet corn, a simple salad with the sweetest cherry tomatoes from the farmers market, and some garlic yellow rice.

Perfection. :)



SUNDAY 12.01

...Aaaaand DECOMPRESSION.

An amazing morning sky.


Followed by a simple but luscious breakfast of yogurt, ripe yellow figs and honey.


And made my first batch of Ganjang Gejang in a long, LOOOOONG while.


Now to catch a few moments of sanity while we can before we juggle Christmas in three households.

Deep, DEEEEP breaths now...

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts