Endive, Apple, Avocado & Walnut Salad With Feta






Printable Version (Recipe Only)

This has nothing to do with salad, but today's been a good day in terms of coming back to clearer work focus - identifying the causes of my frustration, making the changes that can be made to minimize them, and accepting the things that shouldn't be changed at the moment because to change them right now would not serve my long term priorities.

Whenever I want to make things complicated, I return to my priorities and they have this magical way of simplifying everything. :)

Another thing I need to come back to is salad.


And it just so happens that I have all the ingredients I need to make this one.

I think +Dean Robinson is doing something with pork chops tonight, and pig always goes beautifully with apple, so this should totally work for our veg.

Endive, Apple, Avocado & Walnut Salad With Feta
Serves 3 to 4 as a side
Time: 15 minutes
Printable Version

- 2 endives, cut horizontally into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, rough chopped into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium firm but ripe avocado cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese

Gently toss all ingredients but the avocado and Feta together until evenly seasoned and incorporated. 



Adjust seasoning. Gently toss in avocado then sprinkle Feta over the top.


Enjoy. :)

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts