Simple Tomato Cucumber Salad with Lemon Dressing

It's such a perfectly gorgeous Spring day out there that sharing something light, healthful and refreshing seems fitting.


The order of the day as I'm flushing out my ideas and plans for my cooking workshops is to keep the focus on the end result and not the mindnumbing logistics.

As I'm sure any person who's had to execute what seems a fairly simple idea into what is considered a "legitimate" business knows, you're better off not knowing what's ahead of you. Unfortunately for me, I do.

Just breathe and keep it simple, Stupid. Just like this here salad.

Simple Tomato Cucumber Salad With Lemon Dressing
Serves 4 to 6
Time: 15 to 20 minutes

- 3 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 cups sliced cucumber (about 1/8-inch thick slices) I recommend Persian/Lebanese or Kirby Cucumbers
- 1/2 a small mild onion, very thinly sliced. If the onions are hot and sulfury, slice them up first, give them a cold water bath for 5 to 10 minutes, and drain well before adding to the salad
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley (I use the stems as well.)
- the zest of half a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt to start (you can adjust up later)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil

Gently toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until salad is evenly and thoroughly dressed. If possible, let it sit for about 10 minutes to absorb flavors before serving.

Enjoy.

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts