Joey's Favorite Crunchy Soy Slaw


Yesterday, I shared my Easy Braised Teriyaki Chicken recipe. Since this is one of our favorite go-to veg sides to enjoy with it, I figured I'd share Joey's Favorite Crunchy Soy Slaw with you today.


I've been making this slaw for the kids for, like, EVER, and it gets them both to eat lots of raw, colorful, healthful veg, which is always a good thing. Joey likes the take the last of the slaw and drink whatever dressing's left. Kooky kid. :P

Joey's Favorite Crunchy Soy Slaw
Serves 4 to 6
Time: 20 minutes
Printable Version

- 7 to 8 cups very thinly sliced cabbage, about 1/2 a large head (I prefer red, but I use green if that's what I've got on hand.)
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped, including whites
- 10 to 15 stems cilantro, chopped, including the stem part
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic (a very small clove)
- 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons sugar (you can use honey or agave syrup if you prefer)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (white wine and distilled white also work)
- 2.5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and toss thoroughly until seasoning is evenly distributed. serve on a platter sprinkled with extra chopped green onions or cilantro if you like.

Also delicious with added avocado and toasted almond pieces.



Enjoy. :)

shinae

Comments

Google+

Popular Posts